Am I Happy?

One of the reoccuring topics I have had with my therapist have been talking about happiness and how we are happy.   The basis of the conversations are what do I think or does that person really hate you or are they just unhappy with the circumstances and the events.   While I was in the hosiptal I had the chance to think about this topic and while I started to realized that happiness was more within than is something that is given to us.   So if we want to be happy we need to be happy with ourselves first.   How can we ever be happy if we are not happy in our skin.   I  know personally this has been the bigger cause of my own frustrations is the causes within.   As the meds i am on have been doing their job and allowing me to get to know the real me.   This has been key for me.  For over the past decade I have been taking the same meds and experience the moods swings and all the other enjoyable moments that come with Bipolar and Schizophrenia.    I am not saying that I am free from these disorder but the meds had made them more manageable and has allowed me to work on things like happiness and allowed me to enjoy life.   I am of the opinion that if we want to be happy it has to come from us.   No matter what happens to us during the day if we happy within we can allow those events to roll off our backs but if we are mean to ourselves then how can we expect anything to roll off our backs.   It is more like super glue.   It is going to stick and stick really well and will be there for a long time.   So all of us that are affect by this wonderful disorder let us remember that ourselves are great and wonderful.   We are ourselves best friends and we will be their for ourselves because no matter how great support is the battle we fight is internal and if we want to win this battle we need to win the internal battle and conflicts.   I am starting to focus on these and it has helped me be more positive and to fight the external battles.   So remember the most important battle you can fight is not with anyone else but within because if you can win that battle you can win any war.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not the same

Energy and Mood. Are they linked?

Your Energy Cycle