Your Energy Cycle

A few years into fighting bipolar, I had been suffering to the point I felt like I was losing the battle.  It seemed like I could not gain any ground and actually felt myself slipping backward if any thing.  I felt the disorder getting worse  and knew I had to make some changes.  At that point in time circumstances were that I needed to find a new doctor and I decided to find a new therapist as well. This turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made.  As I was going to my therapy sessions and trying to win some minor battles, my therapist recommended a book by John Welwood that changed my whole view of the disorder its management.  This book introduced me to energy and power we have within ourselves.  Now I admit that energy healing is very weird concept to me, but just hold on and let me explain what this did for me.

As I was reading about the energy within each of us my wife recommended a book to me that talked about identifying one's own natural level of movement and energy flow.  This book was written by Carol Tuttle.  I have to say that I opposed everything about the book, but after several conversations with my wife I started to see an application of this book's concepts combined with the other books I was reading at the time.  I realized that the pace of energy flow within each of us plays a very critical role in our management in bipolar disorder.  I allude to its application in here.  What these books were teaching me was that depending on how quickly or slowly you cycle through energy depends on how fast or slow your cycles are with bipolar.  For me I am a rapid cycler with my episodes and mood swings.  After looking at these books I noticed I had a high energy flow.  What I mean by that is that my full range of energy revolves very quickly in and out of me so my mood or bipolar cycles flow very quickly up and down as well. 

As I've opened up discussion with other people about this, they have also recognized that the way their energy cycles through them is also a direct link to how fast they cycle through their mood swings!  For me this was very important because as I monitored my energy flow I could better predict how intense or mild my cycles were going to be.  This has helped me regulate my episodes a little bit more.  I could then take some supplements to help either push me up or down depending I what I needed to put me back in my normal cycles.  I know this seems very unconventional, but it has changed my perspective drastically.  Eventually I would like to hold some conferences and workshops on this to teach you how to apply this to your life.  For now, I hope you will feel free to comment and start some discussion about it here. 

This changed the whole way I managed bipolar.  By regulating my energy cycles I was able to regulate my  bipolar cycles.  I am not saying I am episode free.  I actually had a couple minor cycles this week, but through the management of my energy cycles I was able to recognize them coming and let them ebb and flow naturally through my bipolar cycles. Trust me it works and it will change your whole view of the disorder.

Comments