Energy and Mood. Are they linked?

Over the past several days I have had the opportunity to think about my situation and have the great chance to track my mood and my energy levels.   As I have been doing this, its reinforced my observation that my energy levels are very close to how my mood is.  What I mean by this is that when my mood is up my energy levels are up.  When my mood is poor my energy levels are down.  A couple of days a ago, I woke up feeling great and that is was wonderful then about mid-day my energy all of sudden fell very quickly and my mood followed right after.   It stayed down for about an hour and then my energy shot up and right behind it came my mood.  It did not recover fully at first but by the end of the day it was back up where it was when I started the day. 

This made me wonder what is link between energy and mood.  I have noticed this trend before and noticed it comes and goes.  I am not saying that if you have low energy that you will have depressed but what I am trying to say for us with mood disorders is that this might be a good warning system for us.  I know it is for me and I try to use it so that I can get ready for what is coming down the pipe.  I call this my earthquake warning system.   It is letting me know when a major episode is on the horizon or that I am going to be depressed and to get ready for more positive thinking and positive attitude.   This leads me down the path to better recovery.

I have listened to several programs where they have tried to identify a early identification system.   I know for me this is my early identification program.  It is what tells me what my body or mood is going to be doing and that as I move on through the day of what to be on the look out for:  What triggers are going to set me off?  Which people or circumstances do I need to avoid until the risk has passed?  What do I need to do to stay healthy and happy?   I have talked to several people about this idea and they have also noticed that the energy of their body is a direct correlation to where their mood is and what is going to be happening soon.   So I am just suggesting that the next time you have down mood or an up mood or even a between mood look at your energy level and determine where you are and how you are feeling.  As you do this and make energy the focus of your management of moods, you may notice trends and patterns that make things easier to manage and easier to live.  In my opinion it is easier to lift my energy than it is to lift my mood.   There are several places out there to help us increase our energy.  If we can increase our energy it might just help up get rid of or minimize those nasty blue days that we all hate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not the same

Your Energy Cycle