What can you do?
Over the past several days and week the paranoia has gone up and down. Over the past several days it has been increasingly worse. My first thoughts is my meds are off or i need to talk to my docotr. If I tell my docotr that I am having issues this will result in several weekly meeting on adjusting the meds and trying to get them back in line. I personally feel this would do more harm than good. I am not opposed to adjusting my meds but there is something i have learned about the disease is that events and episodes are going to come and go. The best thing I caan do when these extreme valleys or peaks come is to hold on and enjoy the ride as much as I can. For me the ride is short and does not last very long but for some of you it might be long and a differnt technique i probably more useful. So as I am riding this wave and getting the hell beat out of me and having thoughts in every direction except the one that it needs to be. We who suffer from this wonder will it ever end or is my life going to be a bunch of cycles. I personally would love to say that it is short lived and it will not last forever but I would be kinding myself. This is with me for the rest of my life and the meds are great but they are like the pain meds given to cancer patients they are only to make us feel better and to take away some of the edge and problems of the disease. We might have to try other things but we still have to learn how to deal with it and how we are going to ride the ride. The questions come up when the swings come and they will what kind of person are we going to be and are we going to go in the depths of the swings and be killed or are we going to ride it like a surfer would. There might be some rough moments but overall we get through it and come out on top and look glorious and heroic. So back to the title of this of what can we do. We can do everything and even though we might have cycles we can beat this bipolar at its own game. It might not feel like it at first but we can fight and we can win but it will take time to win the war so be patient.
Comments
Post a Comment