What are my Strengths
A little over a week ago I was reading a article about strength leadership. This was a very good article and made me think about my situation. I went to a DBSA meeting a couple of days after reading this article and while I was in the meeting Icould not help but think that the thing I need most is focusing onmy strengths. I can count how many times I have been positive with myself and can not count how times I habve been negative. We are all so negative and always looking on the bad side of things. We all say to oursleves why I can not be like I was in College or High school. Why I am not like so and so or why I can not get out of bed. I would like to make a recommendation. Lets try focusing on our strengths for a week. When we are thinking negative we need to change that to one of our srengths. We need to have list our strenghts and when things start to go the wrong way think well I am good at x and that is what I am goign to focus on. I think as we do this wwe will see a difference in our selves. This will not get rid of the symptoms or problems of Bipolar but it will make living with thm even easier. If we cannot get up or do what we want focus on a strength and say my strength will help me and trust me it will. These are things that are so powerful that they will pull you out of any blue or problem. We just have to beleive that our strength will and when it does we need to be gratitful for the change and to remember to do it again and again.
Comments
Post a Comment