What Can I Do?

The past week has been very interesting for me.  I got released from the hospital and have been trying to get used to new meds and a new boss.  This week has been full of changes.  As I have been trying to adjust, I have asked myself how I can adjust to these changes and what I can do to make sure I am still healthy and taking care of myself.  

I mentioned in a post on the Bipolar Energy Facebook page about how life is like a chess board.   Sometimes we try to control the pieces of the chess board and we feel stressed, overwhelmed, and feelings of unworthiness come upon us.   So as I was released from the hospital, one of the things that I learned while I was there and one of the things I am trying to remember to do is to only control what I can control.   I cannot control the pieces on the chess board and I cannot control what other people think or do.   I may be able to influence them and  hopefully for the best, but if they turn around and say that they are not going to do what I think is the right thing, the best thing I can do is to smile and say, "Okay.  I have done my part and I will continue moving forward and trying to help you become a better person."   As I learn from these opportunities, I learn that life is about my improvements and my chances to make me the best person I can be.  If work is not offering this to me or giving me the opportunities to move on and upwards, well maybe it is time to move on to another job or better situation for me.   I have to be focused on my health and looking to what is going to be the best for me. 

If I let my health rely on other people or try to impress or do something that is not the real me, then I am fake and this will only cause problems for me down the road.  So for me I need to find out who the real me is.  I need to find that self that I enjoy being and that self that wants to come out and flourish.   Many times this is very hard and can be somewhat hard to show because society in some cases wants a certain type of individual or certain personality traits.  In many situations I have wanted to be that person that society wanted and not learned what I wanted.  So while in the hospital I had some time to think about who I was and what am I trying to achieve in this world.   I had a very good opportunity to talk with some amazing people and learned that life is for living and enjoying.

So the real question that comes up is: Are we trying to fit the society mold too much and not allowing ourselves to live?   If we are not happy with ourselves, Then I would like to ask where is the problem and what can we be focused on so that we can be happy with ourselves?  If there is something that is eating at us or not sitting right with us, we have the power to make changes and to improve our lifestyle.  We can change anything and we can make our lives better.  We just need to make the changes.  I know that any one of us can make changes.  Many times the idea of change is very frightening  and can drive us into states that we would like to avoid, but if we accept the change and just move forward with it while staring fear right in the face.  We will be better and we will come out on top. 

So what am I going to do?   I am going to do what I can do.  I am going to focus on what I can do and not what I cannot do.  I am not going to compare myself to others or try to make me something that I am not.   I am a unique individual and that is what the world needs from me.  They need me to be me and nobody else.  So if you are having problems or issues, focus on what you can do and not on what you should do or what you think you should be.   The best change is the one that is small and slow.  Change takes time and those baby steps are what we all need.   We need those baby steps because those baby steps will eventually turn into big changes.  As we take them we will learn and grow.   That is what we are here for is to learn and to grow.   We are all here to help each other so remember that we are all here for you.   Just ask and the help will come flowing to you.

Comments

  1. Thanks for you're post. I've heard an add age live with nothing to hide and nothing to prove. It's like you should be yourself when people are looking and when people aren't. You should be your best self if people accept that or not. Thanks again for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not the same

Energy and Mood. Are they linked?

Your Energy Cycle