Pillars

One of the things that has helped through out my illness has been my support. I refer to each member of my support as pillars. Knowing they're there helps keep my internal roof from crashing down. I view them as someone that I can go to in the moment of crisis: Someone I can call anytime for help. I have key words with them telling them how bad it is and how fast it is progressing. For example, one of my pillars is my wife. I will call or text her and say I am slipping fast. This means the voices are very loud and I am cycling very quickly from up to down to up to down again. I think if we really want to get better we have to have these pillars. The more the better. Actively strengthen relationships when you can so that understanding will be there when you need it. Identify them in calm times and let them know they are a pillar as well. They know they are the ones I rely on when it gets intense. I tend to text first when I just have a casual question or want to chat, so my pillars know that when I call out of the blue, I usually mean business and I'm not calling for small talk. I am in crisis and need help out. I know many of you probably have this kind of support already and if you do not I would highly recommend you find it. Identify relationships you have that you can put your trust into and focus on keeping them strong when you're able. It will benefit and even save your life. It has been one of the keys to my survival. I know as we develop our pillars we will feel more self-confidence. We'll feel better about going out and doing what we need to do because we have a safe place to catch us when we fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not the same

Energy and Mood. Are they linked?

Your Energy Cycle