Music and Episodes

 
One of the most powerful tools I have to use when I am in crisis and also when I just need to relax is music.  I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to find out what works for me and what does not.  Many of you have probably also found out that music has a very important role in your bipolar management as well as other parts of your life.  I know that music has pulled me out of some very dark depressions and some extreme manias.  At times music has lifted my world and brought me joy.  Other times it has slowed down enough to get my thoughts back in line so I can understand what is going on and what I need to do to make sure I am okay.  Other than my first suicide attempt, I have pulled myself out of most of the other near attempts through music.  I have to thank my favorite artist, Paul Cardall.  If you have not heard any of his music, I have some of it posted on the website for you to listen to.  I can not count how many times his melodies have stopped my racing thoughts or silenced my voices.  He has saved my life more than once and probably will save it in the future.  I just hope one day I get the chance to thank him.  He has had more power in my life than he could possibly know.  If any of you have not heard his story I recommend you do so.  It is very inspirational.  He is the reason why I carry around headphones so at a moments notice I can plug in and be comforted.  He has given me hope and a reason to live another day.  Do any of you have a artist like this or a playlist that has changed your life?  I would love to hear who gives you hope.  I know we all have our favorites.  I have many others, but Paul Cardall has consistently been a life changer for me.  Who are your favorites?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not the same

Energy and Mood. Are they linked?

Your Energy Cycle